Chili con Awesome
Here's a recipe for chili that's worth writing home about. It's sort of a Frankenstein of recipes from various sources, but I assure you that it won't disappoint.
I'm calling it Chili con Awesome™ because it's chili...and it's, well, awesome.
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 can of light red kidney beans
- 1 can of chili beans
- 1 can of Rotel (original)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of diced chilies
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 packages of chili seasoning (one mild, one hot)
- ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, Fritos
- Brown the beef and add salt/pepper to taste; drain
- Chop the bell pepper, tomato, and onion
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker (Crock-Pot!); don't drain the cans
- Set on low for about six hours
- Serve with Fritos, shredded cheddar, chopped onion, and/or sour cream as desired.