While living in Brevard County, Florida, your best source of quality local news comes from the Florida Today newspaper. I signed up for the online news notifications not because I wanted to stay up to date with current events, but because I needed a good laugh from day-to-day. I don’t think that the news stories are intended to be humorous, but how can they not with headlines like these:
- Florida mom duct-taped 2 kids
- Top cop ousted for ‘Jelly Belly’ memo
- Escambia donkey draggers go to jail
- Get ready to wait…and wait
- Brevard shortcut is ‘crash in the making’
It almost makes the news worth reading, doesn’t it?
(Links removed in August, 2012 since they no longer work.)