The best sweet tea ever
Hey there! This post was written in 2007, so it may contain information that is no longer accurate or thoughts that no longer reflect how I feel. As human beings, we're constantly learning and bettering ourselves through experiences and interactions with the world and each other.
I keep posts like this around for historical purposes and to prevent link rot, so please keep this in mind as you're reading.
A recipe I got from a friend in Texas who makes the best sweet tea ever (thanks, Johnny Ray!):
- 5 bags Lipton black tea
- 2 bags of Earl Grey (I prefer Bigelow)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 gallon of purified drinking water
- Bring about half the water just to a boil and remove from heat. (Or simply use water from a hot water dispenser.)
- Tie tea bags together and cut off tags. Place in hot water and let steep for 10 minutes. No need to stir.
- Pour hot water into a pitcher and stir in sugar until it dissolves completely.
- Add remaining water and stir again. (To speed things up you can add ice instead of water.)
- Let chill in the fridge.
- Once cold, enjoy the Best Iced Tea Ever*
*This stuff is really good. Please drink responsibly.