Chocolate melting cake recipe
Hey there! This post was written in 2013, so it may contain information that is no longer accurate or thoughts that no longer reflect how I feel. As human beings, we're constantly learning and bettering ourselves through experiences and interactions with the world and each other.
I keep posts like this around for historical purposes and to prevent link rot, so please keep this in mind as you're reading.
I actually got this recipe on our last cruise, but didn't remember that I had it until recently. This isn't a copycat recipe, it's the real deal straight from Carnival.
- 6oz dark chocolate
- 6oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 6oz sugar
- 2oz flour
- Melt the chocolate and butter
- Mix the eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes, add the flour
- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour the mix in a greased mold
- Bake directly in the oven at 390° F for 14 minutes
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and fruit garnish
Make sure the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture.
Photo courtesy of Calgary Reviews...I was too busy eating cake to take my own.